BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environments
A BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment is a containerized VSE (Virtual Service Environment) deployed from BlazeMeter that is independent of the on premise Service Virtualization/DevTest product infrastructure. A BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment carries with it the full feature functionality of the VSE component from the classic on premise Service Virtualization/DevTest product.
Note: This feature is not available by default. If you are interested in using BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environments, contact BlazeMeter Support.
Supported Component Versions:
BlazeMeter already supports deploying MAR-based Mock Services to an on premise VSE deployed as part of a Service Virtualization implementation. You gain the following benefits by deploying your MAR-based Mock Services to a BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment instead:
- No Service Virtualization infrastructure is required. On startup, the BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment does not look for a DevTest Registry
- You can spin up and down BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environments as needed, and upgrade support is seamless.
- The BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment is a containerized, cloud native environment that you can manage as part of your BlazeMeter infrastructure. The BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment does not consume any resources if no Mock Services are deployed to it
- Using BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environments further democratizes creation, deployment, and management of MAR-based Mock Services. While you still require the DevTest Workstation to author MAR-based Mock Services, Workstation is a simple local installation. All other required infrastructure to store, manage, and deploy these Mock Services can now be part of your BlazeMeter environment.
BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment Architecture
The BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment is deployed to a BlazeMeter Private Location with a BlazeMeter agent. As long as you select the correct options during OPL creation and have the feature enabled in your account, the BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment automatically deploys during agent installation.
You can also manually deploy a BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment to a Kubernetes cluster.
Note: We do not support sharing of private locations across Workspaces for BlazeVSE. It is recommended that a new private location is created for each BlazeVSE within a workspace.
The BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environment supports MAR-based Mock Services of all protocols supported by the DevTest/Service Virtualization product that are not agent-based.
Note: The ODP protocol is not supported in BlazeVSE.
MAR files created using the following DevTest agents do not work with BlazeMeter Virtual Service Environments:
- Java agent
- CICS agent
- LPAR agent
- Mainframe bridge
If you deploy a MAR that contains WS-Security Request or WS-Security Response data protocol handler, you will have to manually upload the following jar files in the environment tab of the associated BlazeVSE:
The following steps in the Virtual Service are not supported by BlazeVSE out of the box:
- Web Service Execution (XML)
- Web Service Execution (Legacy)
- SAML Assertion Query
- HTTP/HTML Request
To enable these, go to the Environments tab and add wss4j-lisa-18.104.22.168.4.jar (found in /Devtest/lib/shared folder). The compatible version is the Devtest_10.6 version of wss4j-lisa-22.214.171.124.4.jar.