Email and Slack notifications may be generated for on-premise Radar Agent outages. We recommend the following best practice for configuring alerts that will quickly let notify your team of any issues specific to your agents:
- Create a new test.
- Name the test ("Monitoring Test for Remote Agent <remote agent name>", for example).
- Open the Editor menu.
- Expand the "Test Settings" section.
- Open the "Locations" subsection.
- Select the Radar Agent you wish to monitor by toggling its option to "On".
- Open the "Email Notifications" (or "Integrations" for Slack) subsection.
- Check the box for each team member that should be notified.
- Under "Select the frequency of email notifications", select "Notify only when a test run fails due to on-premises agent issues".
- Open the Schedules menu.
- Click "+ Add Schedule".
- Schedule the test to run every fifteen minutes and click the "Save Schedule" button.
Following the above method will promptly notify the appropriate parties responsible for managing your Radar Agent so that they can quickly address any issues as soon as they occur.
If you have multiple on-premise Radar Agents, repeat the above steps so that you create a separate monitoring test for each agent.