Statuspage provides service status pages with support for custom metrics. When connected, API response times can be added to your status pages and updated as tests are completed.
Create a Custom Metric
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Statuspage account.
- Select Public Metrics from the left-hand navigation.
- Click Add a Metric and select I'll submit my own data for this metric.
- For the metric name and suffix, we recommend API Response Time and ms.
- Once created, you will see some sample code that contains the API key, page ID and metric ID that you will use when configuring the integration.
Once you have created the custom metric, return to BlazeMeter API Monitoring to complete the integration.
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to your BlazeMeter API Monitoring account.
- Click on the Profile & Account Settings icon on top-right, and choose Connected Services.
- Find and click on Connect StatusPage.io from the list of services.
- Enter the API key, page ID and metric ID from values copied from the Statuspage code sample.
- After saving, enable the integration from the test-specific or shared environment settings of the test you'd like to generate the data.
You can disconnect Statuspage at any time by disconnecting the service on the Connected Services page.
Because of the way Statuspage interpolates custom metrics, you'll want to make sure to only send metrics from tests running in a single location. If you have an existing test set up that runs from multiple locations, you can add another environment to that test specifically for sending data to Statuspage. Once the environment is created, select a single location in the location settings, enable the integration, and create a 1 or 5 minute schedule using this environment.
Once data is flowing into your Statuspage account, you can configure advanced display settings. For best results, set the "Y-Axis" minimum to 0, "Rollup Display" to Mean, and "Data Display > Decimal Places" to 0.