Statuspage provides service status pages with support for custom metrics. When connected, API response times can be added to your status pages and updated as tests are completed.
Creating a Custom Metric
- Sign in to your Statuspage account.
- Select Public Metrics from the left-hand navigation.
- Click "Add a Metric" and select "I'll submit my own data for this metric."
- For the metric name and suffix, we recommend "API Response Time" and "ms"
- Once created, you'll see some sample code that contains the API key, page ID and metric ID we'll use when configuring the integration.
Once you have created the custom metric, return to BlazeMeter API Monitoring to complete the integration.
- Sign in to your BlazeMeter account.
- Go to the Connected Services settings for your team.
- Select "Connect Statuspage" from the list of services.
- Enter the API key, page ID and metric ID from values copied from the Statuspage code sample.
- After saving, enable the integration from the test-specific or shared environment settings of the test you'd like to generate the data.
You can disconnect Statuspage at any time by disconnecting the service in your team's settings.
Because of the way Statuspage interpolates custom metrics, you'll want to make sure to only send metrics from tests running in a single location. If you have an existing test set up that runs from multiple locations, you can add another environment to that test specifically for sending data to Statuspage. Once the environment is created, select a single location in the location settings, enable the integration, and create a 1 or 5 minute schedule using this environment.
Once data is flowing into your Statuspage account, you can configure advanced display settings. For best results, set the "Y-Axis" minimum to 0, "Rollup Display" to Mean, and "Data Display > Decimal Places" to 0.