The Test Action Library is where you store predefined Group Actions and Objects for GUI Functional scenarios.
You can create a GUI Functional test by dragging and dropping predefined Actions into a Test Scenario. This scriptless testing approach is the preferred method for testers who do not want to write scripts manually.
For more information on how to create Actions and Objects, see Creating a GUI Functional Test From Predefined Actions.
What are Objects, Actions, and Group Actions?
- Actions are user interactions such as "click", "select", or "type". The Test Action Library does not contain Actions because they are a fixed set that cannot be edited. For the full list of Actions, see Taurus Actions for GUI Functional Testing.
- Group Actions are your custom sets of test actions that commonly occur together in your test scenarios. For example, you can define a Group Action that contains the common sequence of Actions of going to the login page, typing user name and password, and clicking submit.
- Group Actions are shared with your workspace. You manage your Group Actions in the Test Action Library.
- Objects are the GUI elements of the application under test, such as buttons or text fields, to which you apply test actions.
- Objects are defined by one or more locators. If the first locator is not found, BlazeMeter tries the other locators.
- BlazeMeter generates default names for new Objects based on their locators; these Object names do not update when you edit locators, so we recommend giving new Objects human-readable names manually. If an Object name already exists, BlazeMeter appends an incrementally numbered suffix, such as "Object [CSS: input[name="q"]; Name: q](2)".
- Objects are shared with your workspace. You manage Objects in the Test Action Library.
How to Edit Shared Objects, Actions, and Group Actions?
You cannot edit Actions because they are a fixed set.
Before editing Group Actions or Objects, you want to identify where these shared resources are used, so you can judge the impact of your changes. The Test Action Library is where you can find your Group Actions and Objects.
Search the Test Action Library for specific Group Actions and Objects, or sort the table by criteria such as Name, Type, Used in Tests (number), Created, Last Updated.
Then expand the Group Action or Object to see more details, including the list of affected scenarios that use this Group Action or Object.
- For each Group Action, you can view the contained Actions and their default values.
- For each Object, you see a screenshot and its locator, so you can easily recognize it.
The Test Action Library itself is read-only.
To edit an Object or Group Action:
- Find and expand the Object or Group Action in the Test Action Library.
- Open a scenario that uses the Object or Group Action.
- Edit the Object or Group Action in the Scenario Editor. The changes are saved locally.
- Debug-run your test to verify your changes work.
- (Optional) Click Override Group Action to save your changes to the Test Action Library.
How to Delete an Object or Group Action?
The Delete button is only available for Objects and Group Actions that are not used in scenarios.
- Find and expand the item in the Test Action Library.
- If the Used in Tests value is larger than zero, open each scenario in the Scenario Editor and remove the item.
- As soon as the Used in Tests value for the item is zero, the Delete button becomes available in the Test Action Library.