This pre-GA (general availability) feature is accessible only to a select set of customers. The full feature will soon be made available.
The Test Action Library is where you store predefined Group Actions and Objects for GUI Functional scenarios.
You can create a GUI Functional test by dragging and dropping predefined Actions into a Test Scenario. This scriptless testing approach is the preferred method for testers who do not want to write scripts manually. For more information, see Creating a GUI Functional Test From Predefined Actions.
What are Objects, Actions, and Group Actions?
- Objects are the GUI elements of the application under test, such as buttons or text fields, to which you apply test actions.
- Actions are user interactions such as "click", "select", or "type". The Library does not contain Actions because they are a fixed set that cannot be edited. For the full list, see Taurus Actions for GUI Functional Testing.
- Group Actions are your custom predefined sets of test actions that occur together in a fixed sequence.
How to Edit Shared Objects, Actions, and Group Actions?
You cannot edit Actions because they are a fixed set.
Before editing Group Actions or Objects, you want to identify where these shared resources are used, so you can judge the impact of your changes. The Test Action Library is where you can find your Group Actions and Objects.
Search the Test Action Library for specific Group Actions and Objects, or sort the table by criteria such as Name, Type, Used in Tests (number), Created, Last Updated.
Then expand the Group Action or Object to see more details, including the list of affected scenarios that use this Group Action or Object.
- For each Group Action, you can view the contained Actions and their default values.
- For each Object, you see a screenshot and its locator, so you can easily recognize it.
The Test Action Library itself is read-only.
To edit an Object or Group Action:
- Find and expand the Object or Group Action in the Test Action Library.
- Open a scenario that uses the Object or Group Action.
- Edit the Object or Group Action in the Scenario Editor. The changes are saved locally.
- Debug-run your test to verify your changes work.
- (Optional) Click Override Group Action to save your changes to the Test Action Library.
How to Delete an Object or Group Action?
The Delete button is only available for Objects and Group Actions that are not used in scenarios.
- Find and expand the item in the Test Action Library.
- If the Used in Tests value is larger than zero, open each scenario in the Scenario Editor and remove the item.
- As soon as the Used in Tests value for the item is zero, the Delete button becomes available in the Test Action Library.