You have successfully installed a private location! The following information goes over how to use your new private location:
How to Use the Private Location and its Agents?
Log into your BlazeMeter account and click on the cog in the top right corner of the screen.Then click on 'Workspaces' => 'Private Locations'.You should see a list of all your private locations. Click on of one of them and you will see its details and a list of its agents which are the on-premise servers that have our agent installed on them.
For each agent, you can take one of three actions: Edit, Reset, Regenerate, Disable, Delete, and Force Delete.
- Edit - Use this to change the agent's name or IP address.
- Reset - Use this button to stop any running tests on the machine and bring the agent to an 'Idle' status. Be careful when using this as it will not stop the report if it is still showing as running.
- Regenerate - Use this to regenerate the agent. Used for re-installations, which are detailed in this article.
- Disable - Use this to disable the ability to run tests on a specific agent. For example, you may want to do this if you have an unstable server that you'd rather not use.
- Delete - Use this to remove a specific agent from your private location.
- Force Delete - Use this to forcibly remove a specific agent from your private location. This will need to be used if the Delete option fails to work.
Every Agent has a status indicator:
|It looks good and is ready to be used.|
|A test is currently using this Agent as a load engine.|
|The Agent is not sending a heartbeat and there's probably something wrong with the server.|
|The Agent is in the process of downloading and updating images used for the OPL install.|
|The Agent has not sent a heartbeat in more than 3 months.|
How to Run Private Location Tests?
1. Create a new test or go to an existing test saved in your BlazeMeter Workspace.
2. In the test configuration page, you will find your private location under 'Private Locations' (typically at the bottom of the list).
3. Once the test is running, you'll be able to see the agent/s that are currently running the test and information about this session in your private location section.