Layer7 API Management (formerly known as CA API Management) is an API Management solution that allows you to create, secure, deliver and manage the full lifecycle of APIs and microservices at scale. It includes tools for API creation, management, gateway, security, and analytics.
By connecting Layer7 API Management with BlazeMeter API Monitoring, you can import any API or microservices endpoints from your Layer7 API Gateway in seconds and start monitoring your systems, collecting API data, and transforming them into actionable insights.
The Layer7 API Management integration requires a qualifying plan. Contact Sales to get started.
- BlazeMeter API Monitoring Account
- Layer7 API Gateway - Version 9.2 or higher (you can sign up for a free 30-day trial)
- API Test Toolkit - Click here to download
- Install the API Test Toolkit for Layer7 API Gateway
- Import API Management Endpoints into BlazeMeter API Monitoring
- Connect Your Layer7 API Gateway Account
- Select Endpoints and Folders
Install the API Test Toolkit for Layer7 API Gateway
Follow these steps:
- Install the API Test Toolkit for the Layer7 API Gateway. You can download the toolkit (.sskar) file here.
- Log in to your Policy Manager and navigate to Tasks, Extensions and Add-Ons, Manage Solution Kits.
- In the Manage Solution Kit dialog, click Install.
- Select the API Test Toolkit .sskar file and click Next.
- Follow the next steps in the wizard.
Import API Management Endpoints into BlazeMeter API Monitoring
Follow these steps:
- In your BlazeMeter API Monitoring account, go to a bucket's dashboard and select Import Test at the bottom.
- Select CA API Gateway from the list and click Connect API Gateway Account.
Connect Your Layer7 API Gateway Account
Fill in the fields with your CA API Gateway URL, username and password, and select Connect Account.
Select Endpoints and Folders
After successfully connecting to your CA API Gateway URL, you should see a list of all available folders and endpoints.
You can select a folder to import all endpoints inside it, or expand each folder to select individual endpoints. After you finish selecting the folders/endpoints you want to import, select Import Selected Tests:
If the import was successful, you should see a list of all the tests that were created inside of BlazeMeter API Monitoring:
The tests follow the same naming convention as the Layer7 API Gateway folders. Folders that contain more than 50 endpoints are split into multiple tests (for example, AuthorizationServer has 120 endpoints, it'll be split into AuthorizationServer 1 and 2 with 50 endpoints each, and AuthorizationServer 3 with the remaining 20 endpoints).
Clicking one of the test on the list will take you directly to that test's editor screen:
Having trouble configuring the Layer7 API Management integration? Contact our support team.