The File Uploads feature requires a qualifying plan. Contact Sales to get started.
The File Uploads feature enables teams to upload files to their BlazeMeter API Monitoring account that can be used to test and monitor endpoints that require
multipart/form-data information, such as uploading a JSON file, an image, or a combination of multiple file types.
Upload Files to the File Library
Important: Only team owners can see the File Uploads menu and upload or delete files.
Note: Out of the 19 locations that we provide to run the tests from, we do not support file uploads for 2 locations (US Illinois and US Texas). The regular tests will run in these locations.
Follow these steps:
- Click your profile on the top-right, and select File Uploads from the dropdown.
- In the Upload a file section, click the Choose File button to choose the file you want to upload.
- Click the Upload File button to upload your file. The maximum file size accepted is 5 MB, and there are no restrictions on file extensions.
You should now see your file available under the Existing Files section, as well as a new entry under the History section.
Make Requests with a Multipart File Body
Follow these steps:
- Select a bucket and create a new test, or open an existing test in the test editor.
- Create a new Request step, and set your endpoint method to POST, PUT, PATCH, or DELETE.
- Under Parameters, click + Add Multipart Form Parameters.
- Name your file parameter (required), and click the dropdown next to it to select the file from your available uploaded files. BlazeMeter API Monitoring will try to set the Content-Type based on the file extension you have selected, such as application/json or image/jpeg, but you can also manually edit it.
- Click Save & Run.
After your test runs, you can click the new test run result on the left-hand side to check the details for your request. By expanding the details of a successful request step with the multipart file body, you should see:
- Under the Request tab, the file that you uploaded with your request (clicking on the link will download that file), as well as the body that we parsed and sent to the endpoint.
- Under the Response tab, any files that were returned by the API (clicking on the link will download that file), as well as any other headers and body information.
Only the team owner can access and manage a team's files. In the File Uploads page you can find three main sections: Upload a File, Existing Files, and History.
- Upload a File allows the team owner to upload files to the team's account. There is a limit of 5 MB per file, and a total limit of 50 files per team.
- Existing Files will display all the files that are available for use under the account's team. You can see the filenames as well as delete any files by clicking on the trash icon on the right side.
- History will display a timeline of all the actions related to uploading and deleting files. You can see which user uploaded or deleted which files, as well as a timestamp with the exact time.