Now, through BlazeMeter’s integration with New Relic APM and New Relic Infrastructure, developers can easily monitor their application performance levels while load testing it. Developers can evaluate the end-user experience and the application system KPIs using a single dashboard
To setup BlazeMeter New Relic Infrastructure Integration
- Login to New Relic account and copy your New Relic Insights 'API Query key' from your New Relic Insight account. Your New Relic 'API Query key' can be found in your New Relic account under: Account Settings -> Integrations -> API Keys -> Other Keys -> Insight API Keys -> Query Keys.
- Login to Blazemeter and browse to New Relic Infrastructure section under the ‘Create Test` - > `JMeter Test` page, under the section ‘New Relic Infrastructure`.
Users who are using the New Test Create page - `JMeter Test (New) - can find the New Relic Infrastructure integration button under the APM Integration section at the bottom of the page.
- Paste your New Relic Insight Account ID and API Query Key into the relevant field, and also give it a title/name for future reference. Then click on Next.
- Building a Profile: The key performance indicators will be appearing automatically according to your New Relic Infrastructure profile settings. Choose the Entity you wish to test and select the KPIs. Then click on Next.
- Enter a new Profile name. A profile is basically a preset will be kept for your following tests, so you will not have to choose all the different metrics every time you run a test. The profile name is marked in the example below. The profile's details are specified below.
- That’s it! Click 'Save Profile' and then 'Apply' now your application monitoring data will appear in the BlazeMeter Timeline Report as soon as you run your load test.
View New Relic KPI in Timeline Report
You will be able to view your application monitoring data alongside your user-experience and performance data, and of course this data is accessible for you even AFTER the test has ended.
With BlazeMeter, you can always access past tests data, compare between past results or even compare past results to real time results.
With the New Relic Infrastructure Integration, you can now diagnose performance related problem, apply a fix and start the cycle all over again.
Multiple profiles may be combined in a test configuration and you may "mix and match" different APM types, so you may combine one or more New Relic Infrastructure profiles with other APM profiles (including New Relic APM) in the same test.
Want to learn more about APM integrations and BlazeMeter? You'll want to view our on-demand recording, Load Test Like a Pro