BlazeMeter provides an automatic scripting option. You simply enter a list of URLs, select the geo-location, the total number of users, the ramp-up time, and the duration of the test – that’s all.
The reports will provide you with all the KPIs you need. You can easily share all the results with your team.
The automatic scripting feature generates a Taurus YAML script which executes a JMeter test in which each virtual user will hit each URL sequentially. Each virtual user has their own browser session, cache, and cookies.
Alternatively, you can use the Chrome Extension to record complex scripts directly from your Google Chrome browser.
How to create a URL/API test
To create a test, you simply need to follow these steps
- Sign up to BlazeMeter. It's free and no credit card is required.
- Click on the "Create Test" link (on the upper navigation bar).
- Click the "JMeter Test (new)" button. (Click here for more details on the New Test Create feature.)
- Instead of uploading a script, click the "URL/APIs Test" option to the right of the upload button.
- On the left-hand side, provide a name for your test and, optionally, a description.
- On the right-hand side, you'll find the Scenario Definition. Provide test details here such as the URL to test, URL label, and if the request will GET/POST/PUT/etc. More advanced options are available as well, which are discussed in detail in the article Scenario Definition - URL/API Test.
- Set a load configuration by specifying the total users, duration, and ramp up time. (Click here for more details on setting up the load configuration.)
- Configure the load distribution in order to decide where traffic will be coming from. (Click here to learn more about configuring the load distribution.)
- Start the test by clicking "Run Test" or click "Debug Test" to validate your test configuration. (Click here to learn more about debug tests.)
Additional Test Options
In addition to the required settings above, there are a number of optional settings to further enhance testing. Click one of the additional options below to learn more about it: