Timeline report shows various types of KPIs within one graph so you can easily visualize certain events that might have occurred throughout the test.
- View Timeline Report
- Explanation of the KPIs
- View KPIs by Labels
- View KPIs from APM Integrations
- Download Timeline Report KPI Data
View Timeline Report
As soon as your test starts to collect data, the Timeline Report graph shows.
Follow these steps:
- In the Performance tab, select Reports. The most recent reports are shown on top.
- Click Show all reports and select a report to view its details.
- Click the Timeline Report tab.
In the Timeline Report window, the KPI selection panel is on the left.
Explanation of the KPIs
- VIRTUAL USERS shows how many virtual users are currently active.
- HITS (Hits per second) is the number of HTTP/s requests per second that are generated by the test.
- RESPONSE TIME is the amount of time from the first byte sent to the server to last byte received at the client side.
- LATENCY TIME is the time from sending the request, processing it on the server side, to the time the client received the first byte.
- BYTES is the average bandwidth consumption that’s generated by the test per second.
- ERRORS show how many errors occurred.
- RESPONSE CODES are the response codes received.
View KPIs by Labels
To view KPIs by labels, click the arrow next to each KPI and select the required label from the different options that open up.
Example: Hits of Login in the following image.
You can see the KPIs are available for every label in your test.
View KPIs from APM Integrations
KPIs from APM Integration profiles that you included in your test configuration will appear at the bottom of the list, after the built-in KPIs.
Download Timeline Report KPI Data
You can download the KPI data that Blazemeter uses to build the Timeline Report via a call to the following API:
The above API call includes the following options:
The number of seconds between each data point generated.
The KPI you want to view. This parameter can be used multiple times in the same request to cover as many KPIs as you are interested in. The list of values are as follows:
- na: Number of Active threads
- ec: Error Count
- t: Response time
- n: Number of hits per second
- lt: Latency
- ts: Timestamp in epoch format
- by: Bytes per second
- ct: Connect Time
This is how you find the average, minimum, or maximum values for applicable KPIs. List of acceptable values are as follows:
The master ID of the report you want to see the data from.
The label ID of the label you're interested in.
Note: Use of the Blazemeter API requires authentication per the instructions found in the article Authorization.
Jump to next section: