With BlazeMeter’s Proxy Recorder technology, you can easily record and create JMeter test scenarios for your mobile or web app even when using a secure connection. The proxy recorder works with both web, mobile browsers and native mobile apps.
In addition, you don't need to install any additional software on your phone or computer.
Before using the Proxy Recorder, please verify that the computer running the proxy has port 80 open for proxies created in the cloud, or allowing traffic from the Private Location you are using.
How To Create a Proxy
- Login to your BlazeMeter account.
- Go to mobile recorder URL: http://a.blazemeter.com/app/recorder/index.html or click the Recorder button in the Create Test screen when under the Performance tab:
- You will see the following screen:
- Choose what type of proxy you wish to create:
- A proxy with random IP over port 80.
- A proxy with a random IP over a random port which is not 80
- For iOS devices, "Launch proxy recorder with random port" must be used.
- In case that your network is not open to external networks, you can generate the proxy recorder in a private location.
To do so, open the location drop-down and chose the private location you wish to use:
The proxy recorder will be generated on the first available load generator in the chosen location.
NOTE: You can set the port range for your ships by following the steps here.
- You can start recording now - move to the section that is relevant for your recording purposes:
Recording Using Android Devices
Recording Using Apple Devices
Recording Using Firefox
Recording Using Chrome