Workspaces are designed to divide your account into separate sub-accounts, each with their own distinct set of assets and access control.
- Each Workspace has it's own separate set of Tests, Reports, Projects, Shared Folders, APM Credentials, Private Locations and Dedicated IPs.
- Users can navigate between workspaces but will only see the contents of one Workspace at a time. Think of this as using a badge to enter a room.
- A user can be assigned a different role (Manager, Tester or Viewer) in each Workspace they have access to.
Use Multiple Workspaces or Just One?
- Use multiple Workspaces if you want hard boundaries between different sets of assets and the ability to give one user different roles for different sets of assets (i.e. Tester in their own Workgroup and Viewer in others).
- Use just one Workspace if you want to share all assets across all users.
- Usage is tracked at both the Workspace and Project level, so either method of organization can be used if usage tracking is one of your goals.
Projects are designed to organize tests and reports and track usage within a Workspace.
- A Test and all of its Reports belong to a Project.
- If a Workspace is like a room you enter with a badge, a project is like a rack or whiteboard on the wall in that room:
- Lists of "all tests" and "all reports" will show tests belonging to all projects in the current Workspace.
- Choosing a Project from the Project drop-down menu displays a list of tests in that Project.
- Tests can be moved from one Project to another by choosing "Move this test to..." on its Test Configuration screen.
How to Add Members to a Workspace
Only the Workspace's manager can add members to the Workspace.
The Workspace manager can only add new members from the account his Workspace is under. He can’t add members that are not part of the account. If you wish to know how to add new members to your Account, please refer to this article.
Login to your BlazeMeter account and click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen and then on: 'Settings' => 'Workspace' => 'Users'
Click on the '+' button
Choose the user you would like to add and click on the 'Add' button
The Workspace owner can assign the following roles to the members of his/her Workspace:
- Viewer - Can only view reports.
- Tester - Can create/edit/delete/run tests and reports, projects, APM credentials, Private Locations and view Dedicated IPs and Usage Reports.
- Manager - Same as tester but can also add/remove members from the Workspace and create/delete alerts.
To do this, go to 'Settings' => 'Workspace' => 'Users' and edit the user you want:
Choose the role you want from the dropdown menu:
Note that you can also Disable/Enable a user's access to the Workspace.
Once you disable a user, he will be removed from the Workspace's Users list. Use the 'Show Disabled' ON/OFF button to view disabled users.
How to Add a New Project
First, make sure you are in the Workspace you like to add the Project. You can change it, if needed, in the dropdown menu in the top right corner of the screen.
Click on the 'Projects' dropdown button and click on 'Create new project' button.
Now just give it a name and click on 'Create Project'.
How to create a Test in a Project
If you want to create a new test in an existing project, you can either click on 'Create new Test' or select the relevant project from the Projects dropdown menu in the top left side of the screen as your current one and then create a new test.
In the example above, the project is called 'Guy's Awesome Project' and has been chosen from the 'Second Workspace' Workspace. This means that the new test will be added to 'Guy's Awesome Project', and every member of the 'Second Workspace' Workspace will be able to either view, edit, share and delete that test - unless he does not have the necessary permissions to do so.
Wish to know how to migrate a test between Projects within the same Workspace? Please refer to this article.
Want to learn more about Workspaces and Projects within BlazeMeter? You'll want to view our on-demand recording, Load Test Like a Pro