A private location (aka 'harbor') is a logical container on the BlazeMeter end that contains one or more agents (aka 'ships' and are the servers with our agent installed) on your end. You can have multiple Private Locations in your account, and each will define a unique “location” to choose when running tests.
- Log into your BlazeMeter account and click on the cog in the top right corner of the screen.Then click on 'Workspaces' => 'Private Locations'.
- Click on the 'add new Private Location' button.
- Fill out the fields to configure your Private Location.
- Name: Give your private location a meaningful name. Users will see this name in the Location list when configuring tests.
- Type: There are 2 private location types:
- 'Load - single engine' - Each agent will be a dedicated instance, playing the role of an engine for a single test. In the legacy JMeter test, BlazeMeter will automatically designate one Agent to act as a console for each group of 14 servers needed by a test and will always require at least two Agents (one console + one engine).
- 'CI - multi engine' - Every agent in this private location can have multiple slots in it, where each slot can independently run a single-engine test. This is a good option for CI processes where frequent small tests need to be run simultaneously. The number of separate parallel tests each Agent in this private location can run is controlled by the Slots parameter found in the Advanced settings. In the legacy version, BlazeMeter will run all tests using this private location type as a 'console only' test.
- Users per engine:
- Load - single engine: The total number of VU's that can be run on each agent.
- CI - multi engine: The number of VU's that can be run on each Slot
- Override number of CPUs: This will override the default number of CPUs to the whole number value of CPUs you want the engines to run with (i.e. 2 for 2 CPUs).
- Override memory (MB): This will override the default memory use for each engine in MB. For example, if you want 8 GB of memory, then set the number to 8192.
- Slots: The number of separate parallel tests each Agent is allowed to run (applies to CI - multi engine ONLY)
- JVM Parameters:
- XMS: XMS specifies the initial memory allocation pool for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- XMX: XMX specifies the maximum memory allocation pool for the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
Example Create a private location dialogs:
- Example of “Load – single engine” dialog with Advanced options displayed:
- Example of “CI – multi engine” dialog with Advanced options displayed:
That's it! You should be able to see your Private Location in your Private Locations list, which is found in the Settings -> Workspace -> Private Locations section.
Want to learn more about running on-premise load tests? Watch our on-demand recording, How to Make JMeter Highly Scalable and More Collaborative With BlazeMeter