The following article explains how to install, uninstall, and regenerate BlazeMeter's on-premise agent on your server/instance behind your firewall.
First, make sure your server/instance meets the minimum requirements as described in this article.
- Log into your BlazeMeter account and click on the cog in the top right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the private location where you want to create the Agent: go to Workspaces -> Private Locations and choose the Private Location.
- Choose "Add agent".
- Provide a name for the new agent, and optionally, the IP address of the machine.
- An installation command will be generated - Copy the command and run it on your private engine.
NOTE: Installing the agent inside Docker requires sufficient permissions (root access required).
NOTE: When installing an agent behind a corporate proxy, follow these additional steps
NOTE: When installing an agent that uses a CA certificate, follow these additional steps
NOTE: When installing an agent on a host with multiple network interfaces, follow these additional steps
- Once the command has finished running, a container will be created (called bzm-crane-<shipId>) and the images required for the installation will begin to download. Downloads can take up to 30 minutes (depending on the network speed on the machine) - during this time, the new agent will be listed in the Private Location, and show up with the 'Downloading' status.
- Once the download has finished, the agent will show to be in an 'Idle' status and will be available for use. Visit this article to learn how to use your new private location!
- Optional: You can check the downloaded docker images using the following command:
$ sudo docker imagesYou should see something similar to the following depending on what functionalities you selected in the private location (both tags MUST be present for proper functionality):