The following article explains how to install BlazeMeter's on-premise agent on the server/instance behind your firewall.
First, make sure your server/instance meets the minimal requirements:
- Processor = Minimum Dual core
- RAM = Minimum 8GB RAM
- Hard Disk = Minimum 40GB Free space
- All Ships/Instances for a single Private location should be on the same subnet.
- If you choose to distribute Ships for the same Private location across subnets, you must open port 1097 between these subnets (but not to the outside world).
- Network Specs for installation:
- Network Specs for normal use:
We require Docker CE or Docker EE to be installed on the machine.
The minimal Docker version required is: 1.9.x
To verify Docker compatibility with your operating system, click here.
* You can try installing Docker CE on Red Hat OS by using the CentOS CE Installation process.
Please note that this is just a suggestion and we do not provide support for it.
Recommended OS versions:
We recommend using any of the following Operating Systems:
- CentOS 7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4
- RHEL 7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4
- Ubuntu 12.04/14.04
- SUSE Linux 12
- Navigate to the Harbor where you want to create the ship: going to your Account Settings -> Workspaces -> Private Locations and choose the harbor.
- Choose "Add agent".
- Provide a name for the new Agent.
- An installation script will be generated - Copy the script and run it on your private engine
Notice: Installing the agent inside the Docker requires sufficient permissions.
- Once the script has finished running, a 4GB file will be downloaded in the background.
Download can take up to 30 minutes - during this time, the new agent will be listed in the harbor, but will not have a heartbeat.
Once the download has finished, the ship will show a live heartbeat and will be available for use.