What is Bamboo?
Bamboo is a Continuous Integration tool by Atlassian. Bamboo does more than just run builds and tests. It connects issues, commits, test results, and deploys so the whole picture is available to your entire product team – from project managers to devs and testers, to system admins.
The BlazeMeter plug-in to Bamboo allows you to load test your site using BlazeMeter, as part of your Continuous Integration/Delivery(CI/CD) process.
When using the plugin, Bamboo will show a report generated by the BlazeMeter test. and based on the results it will set the final build status as good or failed.
This plug-in is currently available for Bamboo Server instance only.
- How to Install BlazeMeter’s plugin for Bamboo
- How to configure BlazeMeter’s plugin for Bamboo
- Troubleshooting Bamboo BlazeMeter plugin
- How to configure a job using BlazeMeter’s Bamboo plugin
- Setting up the Plan’s Test
- Running a Build with BlazeMeter’s Bamboo Plugin
How to Install BlazeMeter’s plugin for Bamboo
- Login to Bamboo and go to your dashboard. Click on the cog in the top right corner, and choose ‘Overview’.
- Scroll down to the Add-ons section on the left-hand side, and select ‘Find new add-ons.’
- In the search bar, search for Blazemeter. You should see the ‘BlazeMeter test trigger’ pop up.
- Click the Install button to install the BlazeMeter plugin.
- Once installed, restart Bamboo.
How to configure BlazeMeter’s plugin for Bamboo
- Once restarted, click the cog in the upper right-hand corner and select ‘Overview.’
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a section ‘BlazeMeter Administration’ is now present. Click on the ‘User Key Settings page’
- In the User key, enter your API Key from your BlazeMeter account, and in the ‘Server URL’, enter https://a.blazemeter.com and click the Save button.
Troubleshooting Bamboo BlazeMeter plugin
If the BlazeMeter plugin is having issues installing, try the following steps to resolve the issue.
- Stop Bamboo.
- Download the BlazeMeter plugin manually from the Atlassian Marketplace by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button, at this link: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.blazemeter.bamboo.plugin.BlazeMeterBamboo/server/overview
- Go to the plugins folder ($BAMBOO_HOME/plugins or it can be in user-data-dir .atlassian/bamboo/plugins) and remove all BlazeMeter*.jars (if any).
- Copy the downloaded *.jar from Step 2 to this location.
- Start Bamboo.
How to configure a job using BlazeMeter’s Bamboo plugin
- Edit an existing plan or create a new one, then click on a stage.
- Click the ‘Add task’ button, under the ‘Tasks’ tab.
- Search for BlazeMeter, or look for BlazeMeter Test and click it.
Setting up the Plan’s Test
- If your settings were pre-configured correctly in the global settings, you will now see all your tests in the drop-down menu ‘BlazeMeter tests.’
- Select a test to run.
- Save your settings.
- Make sure your plan is enabled, and you are ready to run.
Running a Build with BlazeMeter’s Bamboo Plugin
- Once inside your plan, click the ‘Run’ drop down and click ‘Run Plan’
- Once the build begins, it will take you to the following screen, showing you the console, where you can see the progress of your build.
- When the test finishes, you will see a summary of the build.