'Private Location' should be used when you need to test applications behind a firewall. Please refer to this article for a better understanding of the On premise vs Cloud architecture.
On Premise Load generators are not included in all plans. Please contact BlazeMeter for details on adding this feature to your account.
With this service, you don't need to make incoming requests. All you need to do is install our Load generator on your on-premise servers. This agent will give your servers a "heartbeat" - by sending outgoing requests to BlazeMeter to check if any tests have been started. If they have, BlazeMeter will respond with instructions for these servers.
Your Load generators will then traffic to your application, while sending data back to BlazeMeter so you have full access to our real-time reporting.
Here are some terms that you'll need to know:
- Harbor - This is your On-Premise environment.
- Ship - Any server you install our agent on is a Ship within the Harbor. These are your load servers.
How to Create an On-Premise Environment (Harbor)?
How to Install Your On-Premise Load Servers (Ships)?
How to Use the Harbor and Ships?
Log into your BlazeMeter account and click on the drop down menu in the top right corner of the screen, then select the relevant Workspace, and click on 'Settings'.Then click on 'Workspaces' => 'Private Locations'.You should see a list of all your ''Harbors' - these are your Private Locations. Click on on of one of them and you will see its details and a list of its 'Ships' which are the on-premise servers that have our agent installed on them.
For each 'ship', you can take one of three actions: Edit, Disable and Delete.
- Edit - Use this to change the Ship's name or IP address.
- Disable - Use this to disable the ability to run tests on a specific 'ship'. For example: you may want to do this if you have an unstable server that you'd rather not use.
- Delete - Use this to remove a specific 'Ship' from your Harbor.
Every 'Ship' has a status indicator:
- It looks good and is ready to be used.
- A test is currently using this ship as a load engine.
- The agent is not sending a heartbeat and there's probably something wrong with the server.
How to Run On-Premise Tests?
Once your Harbor and Ship/s are installed, running your 'On-Premise' test couldn't be easier!
1. Create a new test or go to an existing test saved in your BlazeMeter Workspace.
2. In the test configuration page you will find your private location under 'Private Locations'.
3. Once the test is running, you'll be able to see the Ship/s that are currently running the test and information about this session in your Harbor section.
Want to learn more about running on-premise load tests? Watch our on-demand recording, How to Make JMeter Highly Scalable and More Collaborative With BlazeMeter