The New BlazeMeter Chrome Extension: Record JMeter and Selenium
The BlazeMeter Chrome Extension is a free tool that enables you to - Record, Browse, Upload, and Run your testing scripts. The Chrome Extension supports recording JMX, JSON or YML files, for running in JMeter, Taurus or BlazeMeter as well as both JMeter and Selenium scripts, automatically and simultaneously.
- Running Your JMeter and Selenium Script in BlazeMeter
- Running Your JMeter and Selenium Script Locally
- Using the BlazeMeter Chrome Extension
The new BlazeMeter Chrome extension records all of the HTTP/S requests that your browser sends, creates a JMeter or Selenium script, and uploads it to Blazemeter, where you can execute it with a single click.
In other words, this means you can run a JMeter and Selenium without even having them installed! There is no need to install JMeter or Selenium to record or run a performance test; the Chrome extension creates the script on its own.
Alternatively, if you have JMeter installed, you can convert your recording into a JMeter JMX file or Taurus YAML file, then edit or run it via your browser or on your local computer.
Note: The extension needs to be able to communicate with blazemeter.com in order for the recording to be converted into a script.
- Download the Blazemeter Chrome Extension.
- Record your actions, then play them back as a script, as detailed in Google Chrome Extension - Record
- Q: Do I need to pay to use the extension?
A: The Blazemeter Chrome Extension is free to use for as long as you like.
- Q: I can’t access the Google App Store. Can I install the Blazemeter Chrome extension manually?
A: Sure! Just download the CRX file attached to this article (find below) and drag it to Chrome’s Extensions section. Refer to this manual for a step-by-step guide.
- Q: Do I need a BlazeMeter account to use the extension?
A: A Blazemeter account is required to convert the recording into a JMeter script (.jmx) file because this process is performed on the server side. Any Blazemeter account (free or paid) will suffice. Signing up for BlazeMeter is super fast and doesn’t require any sort of commitment or credit card.
- Q: How does the recorded script handle cookies?
A: The script will use cookie values from the original recording, though any new cookie values passed back by the server will override the values used in the original recording. (You can disable this behavior in the advanced settings.)
- Q: What is the minimum version of Chrome that is required?
A: Version 58 if you want to use all the features (e.g. recording transactions)