BlazeMeter provides an integration with Datadog, an Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tool designed for analyzing the performance of application servers, database servers, and web services.
You can integrate your BlazeMeter tests with a specific Datadog profile and the scopes it contains and view the metrics collected by the Datadog monitoring tool in the BlazeMeter Timeline Report.
This integration helps you to effectively monitor and optimize the performance of your applications.
For more information about Datadog, see Datadog documentation.
Restriction: Authentication through OAuth2 protocols is not available for this integration at present. We recommend utilizing alternative authentication mechanisms.
This integration enables you to access APM metrics from Datadog according to your profile setup.
You can use this integration for a new or an existing test.
- Navigate to the BlazeMeter Test Configuration page.
- In the APM Integration section, click Datadog.
- Either choose an existing profile:
Or create a new profile by entering the following details:
- Key Name - Name of the key you want to create and reference in BlazeMeter
- Datadog APM URL -The full URL to access your Datadog environmen (exclude the trailing / in your URL, for example, http://yourHostAtDatadog.com).
- App Key - Authentication key, used in conjunction with your organization’s API key, that gives users access to Datadog’s programmatic API.
- API Key - Authentication key granting BlazeMeter access to Datadog's API for data transmission and retrieval. API keys are unique to your organization. An API key is required by the Datadog Agent to submit metrics and events to Datadog.For more information, see Datadog documentation.
- Harbor ID - The private location (OPL) to use to run the APM functionality (see here for where to get this value).
If you're using Datadog in the cloud, you don't need to provide the Harbour ID. The integration will work seamlessly without it.
- Once you've successfully added your key, proceed to the next screen to select your metrics and construct your profile. Here, you can specify your Datadog scope, and the metrics to include in your BlazeMeter report.
- After selecting your metrics, click Next to review a preview of what your profile will monitor. Provide a profile name and save it as a new profile for future tests.
- Upon saving your profile, you'll see the following screen, allowing you to choose the profile(s) you want. To apply the profile(s) to your test, click Apply.
Your test is now integrated with Datadog.
To view the metrics from Datadog, go to the Timeline Report, scroll to the bottom of the available KPIs, and then expand the Datadog section. You will then see all the metrics you selected listed there and can click the checkboxes to add them to your report, which you can see below: