After your account has been set up, a Free plan is active by default. For a Free plan, no billing information is required. For customers who want to upgrade from the Free plan to a Basic or Pro plan, the process is straightforward. All you have to do is chose a plan and complete the purchasing process. This article walks you through this process.
You complete the purchase in three steps:
- Choose the desired plan and payment frequency
- Provide information on the purchaser, and
- Enter credit card details.
Typically, the person making the purchase handles billing for the company. In some cases, a third party service provider purchases the plan for the company. In the following instructions, we will explain the differences between these two types of purchasers.
Navigating to the Billing Screen
- To reach the Billing screen, click the cog icon at the top right of the screen.
The Account Settings side menu will appear on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under the Account tab, click Billing.
The Billing screen opens in the main area of the screen.
Updating the Current Plan
Whether you are starting out with the Free plan or perhaps have the Basic plan, you upgrade the plan in the same way. For customers who have the Basic plan and are upgrading to the Pro plan, the cost of the new plan is prorated based on the time left in the previous plan.
- Click on the Upgrade button in the upper right hand corner of the Billing screen:
In the top section of the screen will appear the upgrade options.
- Choose your payment frequency.
You have a choice between annual and monthly payment plans. As you can see, the Annual plan gives you a discount. The decision is yours!
- If you currently have the Free plan, you'll have a choice between the Basic and Pro plans. For convenience, the cost (per month) and plan details are displayed.
- If you choose the annual plan, you'll see:
- And for the monthly plan, you'll see:
- If you choose the annual plan, you'll see:
- Click the Upgrade button corresponding to the plan you choose.
Filling out the Payment Information for Plan Upgrades
The next step after choosing the type of upgrade (Basic or Pro) from the Free plan, is to enter the billing information. If you are upgrading from a Basic plan to the Pro plan, then there is no need to enter billing information since it has already been filled out. In case there is a change in those details, see the section below on how to edit them.
- The first form to fill out are details of the customer making the purchase, including name and address. See here for example what you would see if you upgraded to the Basic plan:
- After filling out all the details in this form, click the Payment Information button to continue to the next step.
- Here you need to enter your credit card information. In this example, the payment frequency is Annual, so to complete the process click on the Upgrade to $1,188.00/year button. (The text on the button changes according to the plan and frequency chosen).
- To complete the Purchasing Process, enter the Billing Details as explained in the next section. You should follow these instructions also for the case where there are changes in the Billing Details or Payment Information of an existing plan.
Updating the Billing Details
To update the Billing Details:
- Click the Edit button at the right hand side of the Billing Details tab.
- Fill out the fields. The email field is automatically filled with the email of the person who set up the account.
- Fill in the name of the person making the purchase, the company name, and address details.
To be clear, if you are a third party making this purchase for another company, put in your name and your company information here. This is because the information you enter will also appear on the invoices.
- When you are done, click Save Changes. Otherwise, if you do not want to save the information that was entered, click Close to discard the form.
Updating the Payment Information
The payment method is always credit card.
Note: If your credit card provider requires MFA/3DS authentication to comply with regulations, this enhanced security feature is supported by BlazeMeter. This capability lets customers experience an added layer of protection during payment transactions. MFA/3DS ensures that each payment is authorized through a combination of factors, bolstering the security of credit card data and reducing the risk of unauthorized access.
- To begin, click on Edit button to the right of the Payment Information tab.
- Enter your name and address.
- Next, click on the "Payment Information" button. You will not be able click this button until you fill in the mandatory fields.
- In the Payment Information window, you can only enter credit card details. Here you must enter a valid credit card number, the expiration date of the card, and the security code on the back of the card.
- Click Add Card.
If your credit card provider requires MFA/3DS authentication to comply with regulations, this enhanced security feature is supported by BlazeMeter. This capability lets customers experience an added layer of protection during payment transactions. MFA/3DS ensures that each payment is authorized through a combination of factors, bolstering the security of credit card data and reducing the risk of unauthorized access.
Your billing details are not visible to any other users. Even Admin users cannot see this information. In case there are any changes in the Billing Details or Payment information, you can always go back and edit them here.