Irrespective of the mobile OS (Android or iOS) or app type (native, web, or hybrid), BlazeMeter is the tool for performance and functional testing.
You have two options, you can use BlazeMeter's network emulation for performance tests, or Codeless Automation integration for functional tests of mobile apps.
Test Mobile Performance
BlazeMeter provides real world performance testing of mobile web sites and mobile apps:
- Record your mobile scenario using BlazeMeter's Chrome Extension or Proxy Recorder.
- Upload the recorded script to BlazeMeter when you are done.
- Enable the Network Emulation feature and either select the network type to emulate, or set your own parameters.
- Run the performance test.
- Perform result analysis using the BlazeMeter test report, beginning with the Summary Report.
Test Mobile Functionality
To test mobile web sites, use BlazeMeter GUI Functional Tests.
To test mobile apps, run your tests on real or virtual devices such as Perfecto Android emulators and iOS simulators. For more information on mobile app testing, see Perfecto 101 on BlazeMeter University.