DX Application Performance Management (formerly known as CA APM) is an Application Performance Management solution that can help teams gain performance insights and diagnose issues across the full software lifecycle. It includes transaction tracing that supports modern APIs and apps, and it can help teams get to the root cause of bugs in APIs, transactions, code and database calls.
By connecting DX APM with BlazeMeter API Monitoring, you can collect metrics from your API tests and transform them into actionable insights about your applications.
Watch the following video to learn how to set up the DX APM integration, or follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Connecting BlazeMeter API Monitoring with DX APM
- How to View an APM Trace
- Root Cause Analysis with BlazeMeter API Monitoring and APM
You can connect BlazeMeter API Monitoring with DX APM SaaS or the latest version of DX APM On-Prem (20.x or higher).
Connecting BlazeMeter API Monitoring with DX APM
Follow these steps:
- Go to your DX APM tenant and log in.
- Copy the URL (without the path) that you will be using in the next steps. For example: https://954976.apm.cloud.ca.com
- In your BlazeMeter API Monitoring account, click your profile on the top-right and select Connected Services.
- Find the CA Technologies logo and click Connect DX APM.
- Paste the DX APM URL that you copied in the first step in the text field and click Enable APM Traces.
How to View an APM Trace
Start sending the API monitoring information to our DX APM instance.
First, enable the integration in your API monitor environment settings, to start sending information from BlazeMeter API Monitoring to your DX APM instance.
Follow these steps:
- In your BlazeMeter API Monitoring account, select a bucket and open an API monitor.
- Select Editor on the left-hand side, and open the environment settings.
- Open the Integrations tab in the environment settings and turn on the flag for the DX APM integration.
Now that the integration is enabled, click Save & Run at the top. After the test run is completed, open the result page under Recent Test Runs.
The first link at the top next to Trace, View in DX APM will show the metrics map for the entire test.
You can also expand each individual API request and select the Connection tab. You will find a Trace section under Timings with another View in DX APM link. Following that link will land you on the metric view for that specific request.
Root Cause Analysis with BlazeMeter API Monitoring and APM
For in-context viewing of an APM trace, please make sure you have the correct Universe settings. You can use All if you have not created a BlazeMeter-specific Universe.