To better understand usage and behavior of a particular Mock Service and to troubleshoot performance or matching issues, use Mock Services Analytics for access to reporting, inspection and tracking data.
- View Analytics for a Transaction Mock Service
- Inspection View
- Create Transactions from a Live Service
- Quick Access to Analytics
- View Mock Services Reports
- View Usage Metrics in Settings
View Analytics for a Transaction Mock Service
- Navigate to Mock Services and click the Analytics tab.
- Click the Open + button and select a Mock Service.
The Analytics page with the Inspection tab opens and shows requests that hit the Mock Service and whether any transactions matched the requests.
Note: You can click Open + repeatedly to view other Mock Services. A new tab will open for each Mock Service.
- Navigate to the Inspection tab.
You can view matched and not matched requests and their responses as well as the traffic inside the Mock Service.
Inspection view displays details about recent traffic handled by a specific Mock Service. Understanding which requests and responses were handled by your Mock Services is critical in cases when there is a need to debug why certain requests were or were not returned by a Mock Service. You can quickly identify specific requests by full-text search and display corresponding response details.
The Inspection view also includes responses served by real service in case of “redirect to live system” no match mode is selected. Such responses from live system can be saved as new transactions and pushed to the running Mock Service directly from the Inspection view screen. For more information, see Create Transactions from a Live Service.
One-click Access to the Matched Transaction from Inspection View
If network traffic was matched by your Mock Service, it is important to know which transaction was responsible for that match. To review the matching rules, click the transaction ID. The transaction definition pop-up dialog opens.
Create Transactions from a Live Service
Inspection view allows you to directly create transactions based on the real responses provided by the live system in case Mock Service is in Redirect to live system mode.
- Navigate to Mock Services and click the Analytics tab.
- In the Inspection tab, you can see the type of service in the Source column - mock or live.
Create a new transaction from the live service. Hover over the Live tag in the Source column and click the display icon that appears.
A window Save Live Request / Response as a New Transaction opens.
- Enter the Transaction Name.
- (Optional) Assign Tags.
- (Optional) You can enable the Update Mock Service toggle to update your Mock Service with a newly created transaction.
The transaction is created. You can view it in Asset Catalog.
Quick Access to Analytics
When a Mock Service is running on a VSE location, a bar chart icon appears next to the Mock Service entry. Click this quick access button to open the Analytics tab directly to view reports for this Mock Service.
View Mock Services Reports
For every Mock Service, it is possible to display four different reports to analyze the utilization and behavior of the Service.
- Transaction Daily Counts
- Transaction Hits and Misses
- Mock Service Response Time
- Mock Service Transactions per Second
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to Mock Services and click the Analytics tab. For detailed steps, see View Analytics for a Transaction Mock Service.
- Select the Reporting tab.
- Select a report from the drop-down list.
- Select a time range of data in which you are interested in. You can select an explicit range or use the presets.
Transaction Daily Counts
The Transaction Daily Counts report displays the number of transactions in a defined time period for a selected Mock Services within a selected VSE. This report allows you to review your system loads by virtual service.
Transaction Hits and Misses
The Transaction Hits and Misses report displays the number of transactions that were performed on Mock Service for a given time period.
The report displays a bar chart with the total number of the following types of transactions:
- Node Hits
A node hit occurs when the node matches a meta or signature response in a service image.
- Specific Hits
A specific hit occurs when the request matches a specific transaction.
A miss occurs when the request is unknown and the request does not match a signature or exact match.
The data in this report is limited to a single virtual service. Click an item in the legend at the bottom of the report to hide or show the corresponding data. For example, click Misses to hide that data in the graph. When data is hidden, the legend item turns gray.
Mock Service Response Time
The Mock Service Response Time report establishes the current health of a specific Mock Service. This report is useful for determining how different system loads or performance testing impacts the response times for a Mock Service.
Response times in this report include think time. This means that each response time includes the amount of time required to process the request and the specified think time.
The report displays the maximum, average, and minimum response times, in milliseconds, in the form of a line graph.
Mock Service Transactions per Second
The Mock Service Transactions per Second report establishes the current health of a specific Mock Service. This report is useful for determining how different system loads or performance testing impacts the transactions per second for a virtual service.
The report displays the displays the maximum, average, and minimum transactions per second in the form of a line graph.
For Mock Service Response Time and Mock Service Transactions per Second reports, the following applies:
- For reports of range up to 6 hours, granularity of one minute is used.
- For reports of range up to 168 hours, granularity of one hour is used.
- For reports of range higher than 168 hours, granularity of one day is used.
View Usage Metrics in Settings
The Usage Report tab in Settings is only available to Administrators and is typically used for licensing/cost analysis. For more information, see Usage Reports and Billing.
- Navigate to Settings, Workspace, Usage Report.
In the Usage Report section, open the drop-down list to view the metrics for this Workspace or Account, respectively.
The Mock Services Transactions report shows the number of transactions for Transactional Mock Services by time range.
- The Mock Services Concurrent Usage report shows the maximum number of Mock Service Replicas for Transactional Mock Services concurrently running for this Workspace or Account, respectively.