Network emulation allows you impair the connection between BlazeMeter's test engine and the system(s) you are testing in order to observe the impact on your key performance indicators (KPIs).
To add Network Emulation to your test:
- Toggle the feature "on"
- Choose the desired network type
You may also customize any of the settings by dragging the sliders or entering values in the boxes.
The following configurations are available:
- Max Bandwidth Per User: Applies only to Jmeter scripts; the bandwidth limit per user can range between 240 and 1,000,000 Kb.
- Max Global Bandwidth: The bandwidth limit per engine. Value can range between 240 and 1,000,000 Kb.
- Latency - Network Delay (Milliseconds)
- Packet loss %
NOTE: Bandwidth limits apply to both directions (download and upload).
NOTE: We've left the Packet loss % at 0% by default. Add packet loss with care as a little can have a significant impact. See below reading for more information.
Jump to another topic:
- Duplicate, Delete or Move a Test
- Test History
- Reporting Selectors for Scenario and Location
- New Create Test Screen