JMeter Properties can be used to parameterize your test. One version of your script can then be used in several different test configurations. JMeter properties also allow you to make mid-test changes to script behavior.
Configute the JMeter Properties
Follow these steps:
- In the Performance Testing tab, click Tests and open a test.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Scroll down to a JMETER PROPERTIES section.
- Directly above the JMETER PROPERTIES heading is a drop-down menu for JMeter and Java version. Specify the desired JMeter and/or Java version to run the test with.
These settings are optional. If left at their default selections, Blazemeter will attempt to auto-detect the version of JMeter the uploaded test script was created in. The default Java version is shown as well. If you do not want to use the default settings, either setting can be manually set by clicking the field to open a drop-down selection menu.
Note: The JMeter and Java versions available in the drop-down menus are the only versions supported.
- Set the JMeter parameters before the test launch. Slide the toggle to "on".
- Enter the property and value. Once you add a property, a new section for another property and value appears automatically. To remove a line, click the bin icon next to the line.
Change JMeter Properties mid-test with Remote Control
You can change JMeter Properties mid-test with the Remote Control button in the live reporting screen. For a short video and examples, see Live Remote Control for JMeter Properties.
Jump to next section: