When managing your tests in a BlazeMeter Workspace, you may want notifications when a considerably large test (above your normal requirements) is launched or generated. Workspace Alerts make it easy to generate an e-mail or Slack notification when a member of your workspace performs such an action.
If you want to publish all test activity regardless of test size or duration, that's an option too.
And, you will require to have 'Admin' user role in the account, or 'Manager' role in the workspace to enter or edit these Alerts.
Here are the steps to configure this feature,
- Click on the cog in the top right corner of the screen to enter the settings page.
- Expand the Workspace section in the desired workspace, and click on 'Alerts'.
- Click the '+' as per the image above.
- A new window will be displayed, and fill out the desired criteria. Want to post alerts to Slack? See the Slack Webhook Tips below.
- The alert will be sent out if either the Test Duration OR the Test Concurrency are met or exceeded.
- When done, click the 'Create alert' button to save these settings.
- Next, your alert will appear under the 'Alerts' section.
- Then, use the 'Validate' option to confirm the new alert works as intended. This action will send a notification to the email address and/or Slack Webhook URL you have entered above.
- Tip: If you want an email or Slack to be notified of all BlazeMeter activity in this Workspace, create an alert with duration set to "0" and concurrency set to "0" and all event boxes checked.
That's it! You have now successfully set up an Alert!
Slack WebHook URL Tips:
- For information on how to setup a Slack Webhook URL please refer to this Slack doc.
- Be sure to give your webhook a meaningful name and icon when creating the Webhook URL in Slack. You can do this in the "Customize Name" and "Customize Icon" fields in the Slack Incoming Webhooks configuration screen. The default name is "Incoming Webhook" but "BlazeMeter Activity" or the like would be better.
The default icon looks like this,
but the BlazeMeter icon will be easier to spot:
- Prefer Slack and no emails? Be sure to clear the Email address field above before saving.
- Since you can create multiple alert configurations and separate webhooks (each with their own name, icon and channel destination), consider having one alert that publishes all "BlazeMeter Activity" and another that alerts when a "BlazeMeter Large Test" is created or run.